The Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development have said on Friday that it will disengage all youth and the entire beneficiary of the scheme.
The N-Power Programme was inaugurated by President Muhammadu Buhari in 2016 under the National Social Investment Programme (NSIP) with the aim of pulling citizens out of poverty through direct support, investment, and capacity building.
The programme has enrolled 500,000 beneficiaries so far with 200,000 from Batch A which started in September 2016 and 300,000 from Batch B which kicked off in August 2018.
The scheme was designed for beneficiaries to spend not less than 24 months on the programme and was spread across the key industries targeted by the programme; agriculture, health, education, and tax.
However, the 2016 beneficiaries have spent more than the stipulated 24 months in the scheme while the August 2018 beneficiaries will be out of the programme shortly.
The ministry said the current enrollees of the scheme (Batch A) will exit June 30, 2020 while (Batch B) will exit the programme on July 31, 2020.
This information is contained in a statement made n Abuja on Friday by Rhoda Iliya, the Deputy Director Information of the ministry.
“The Federal government is committed to the continuation and expansion and as such will now begin enrolment and onboarding of a new Batch of beneficiaries. Skills acquisition for entrepreneurship and job creation are critical for an economy that will require a boost post-COVID-19 and we are gearing up proactively for the challenge.”
There had been speculations and clamour that the ministry will not give any gadget to the recently enrolled beneficiaries who started with the scheme in August 2018 as none of them has collected their Android Tablet.